over 1 year ago
My client, a leading IT and business consultancy for financial services, are in the market for an experienced Senior Solution Architect to work with their retail banking clients. The Solution Architect role is London based, though some UK and European travel may be required.
- Understand customer needs through documentation and personal conversations, and work closely with applicable teams to ensure the solution developed is aligned to the client needs.
- Develop solution architecture of lower complexity and document it in high-level design documents that underpin lower level design documents and costing activities.
- Recognise, identify and document potential areas where existing business processes require change, or where new processes need to be developed, and make recommendations.
- Ensure the ability to implement and deliver the designed solution by working closely with the designated delivery units and gaining sign-off.
- Ensure that the solution is technologically sound and state of the art.
- Identify, assess and minimise risk associated with their solution and ensures that these are appropriately tracked through the risk register.
Role specific skills
- Facilitate engagement across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Understanding of link between technical specialities and customer requirements.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Proactively seek to keep abreast of market trends in technology.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills/investigating skills on technical matters.