A strategic cloud-first transformation business whom specialise in digital transformations in the financial services sector are looking for cloud experts and enthusiasts. The role will see you advise some of the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems.
The business are looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect with hands-on engineering experience of designing and delivering multiple Cloud Migrations to AWS. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission-critical role in the value chain.
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Perform hands-on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Provide vendor agnostic advice and recommendations to clients on the right Cloud vendors/partners to adopt for their business and application estates
- Engage in architectural discussions with senior technology executives to support decision making processes; able to discuss costs, risks, benefits, opportunities and trade-offs associated with architectural options
Skills & Experience
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using AWS, a minimum of three years.
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer-specific requirements
- Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, Java, or SQL.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices.
- Proficient with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Sound knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
What they can offer you
You will be exposed to some of the brightest people in business and technology and given a lot of ownership on some of the sector's most challenging and rewarding projects.
The business has superb relationships with Microsoft, Google, and Amazon and as a multi-cloud organisation you will have exposure to all these stacks, alongside experts in these fields.
If you’re interested in pursuing certifications in GCP, Azure, or AWS then the business has a huge budget for training to cover those costs.
Keywords: AWS, Lambda, Cloudformation, GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, Pre-sales, Engineering, Development, Innovation.