Up to £110000.00 per annum
5 days ago
- A passion for event driven architecture and appreciate for when and when not to apply CQRS.
- Demonstrable experience in building out or extending streaming frameworks around Kafka to support event discovery and multiple consumers.
- Deep experience in Java developments. Scala and Python are also beneficial.
- Design Authority for development work and reviewing the work delivered by other team members.
- Ability to identify and manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements.
- Experience in the functional decomposition of existing systems into micro services.
- Strong technical architectural and design skills combined with a confident white board manner.
- Exposure to open banking api standards and other mainstays of retail banking like core banking systems is beneficial but not essential.
- Exposure to risk platforms and HPC grids is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in AWS is essential and GCP and Azure exposure is beneficial.
- Experience with Kafka via the confluent or Hortonworks platforms is beneficial.
- Programming languages: Python, Scala, Java
- Big data frameworks: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop
- Apache Ranger or equivalent role based access control to event streams.
- Streaming frameworks: Spark streaming, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- ETL/ELT: Airflow, NiFi, AWS Glue, GCP Pub Sub
- Hadoop infrastructure: HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala, Sqoop and Flume
- Data warehousing: Redshift, Snowflake or other MPP like Netezza or Exadata
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS, , Azure GCP
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: DynamoDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, ScyllaDB
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- Swagger, RAML
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban.
- The ability to size and scope stores at an appropriate level to support completion within a sprint. Exposure to BDD would be a plus in this regard.
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Provide industry thought leadership via speaking at conferences and events, wiring blogs posts and white papers.