£60000 - £100000 per annum
5 days ago
Big Data Developer - £60,000 - £100,000
As a Big Data Developer, you will work in a fast-paced environment and play a key role in the successful delivery of high-quality software solutions for our thriving commodities business within a global investment bank.
You will work on a variety of projects across our trading and data analytics systems including architecture, design and development phases. You will be part of a global team that will collaborate on functional and technical requirements and will partner with local business teams on the testing and delivery cycles.
- Design and implement "Big Data" infrastructure for batch and real-time analytics.
- Ensure highly interactive response times. Avoid allowing performance bottlenecks to creep into the system.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases and feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions.
- Take ownership of development tasks, participate in regular design and code review meetings.
- Be proud of the high quality of your own work.
- Work with a number of teams (in multiple worldwide locations).
- Always follow quality standards (unit tests, integration tests and documented code).
- Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and will enjoy offering new ideas and approaches.
- Proven expertise in Scala, Java and/or Python
- Experience of with at least one cloud service provider (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Involvement in building commercial data pipelines,
- Knowledge of big data technologies; Hadoop, HDFS, YARN, Spark, Hive, NoSQL databases, SOLR, Kafka, Druid
If you have the desire to learn and adapt into the latest Big Data, and Cloud Computing Technologies with us, as we will be moving as a team to integrate these into the program, then this may the role for you. If you can code, love data and want to work on innovative projects, then apply now!!