11 months ago
Working as part of our Business Analyst team, you will be primarily responsible for gathering software requirements for middle office roadmap objectives and client requested enhancements to create formal Business Requirements Documents.
Candidates will be adept at dealing with multiple tasks simultaneously, managing priorities and working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. We seek inquisitive, solution focused individuals with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideal candidates will have had an exposure to both IT and finance and be enthusiastic about developing their existing skill sets.
- Proven experience working in a Business Analyst role, ideally with ETD / Middle Office.
- Practical knowledge and experience workings of middle office trade processing
- Practical knowledge of the theory and workings of the financial industry
- General technical knowledge to more effectively interface with technical spec writers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interviewing skills for the purpose of collecting facts/requirements on deficiencies and/or for requested enhancements translating these into a clearly written requirements document
- Ability to render and analyze the above and make recommendations for possible solution alternatives
- Build a strong working knowledge of business systems, features, and structures
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Agile development methodology experience.
- Capable of taking conceptual ideas and building practical solutions.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment across multiple countries and time zones.
- Able to organize own work and demonstrate good judgement in prioritizing and accuracy in status reporting.
- Good attention to detail and focused on getting things right first time.
- Professional and responsible attitude towards colleagues, staff, management and clients.
- Ability to engender confidence with customers.
What will you be doing?
- Perform duties related to analysis of business requirements and their impact on software design according to goals and standards set by the management team
- Interface with various internal departments, external users, and regulatory bodies to collect requirements needed to support the Software Design and Development process as dictated by clients and/or regulatory bodies
- Accurately document the above requirements and interface with technical specification authors to insure the original requirements have been accurately represented in the resulting technical design
- Stay involved as a business liaison throughout the entire development process for projects based on authored requirements.; this also includes a final functional review, when necessary, of the deliverable software to ensure it meets the requirements set forth in the original requirements document
- Monitor developments relating to regulatory updates and coordinate associated requirements gathering and software design activities
- Chair walk-throughs of authored functionality when necessary
- Periodically report project status in written form to management
- Provide preliminary High-Level Estimates (HLE’s) for enhancements requested by Client Services, Account Managers, and clients
- Participate with other department managers to determine requirements prioritization related to client requests for software enhancements
- Stay current with the futures industry, keeping abreast of new products and technology, instruments, markets, and trends with regard to how they either affect software or present opportunities to develop value-added functions in their systems
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of business products with a basic comprehension of each product's target solution offering
- Embrace new technologies and apply them where applicable to improve products