£400.00 - £500.00 per day
3 months ago
Historically, the client facing team has been responsible for coordination of all portfolio events with the clients and portfolio management teams. The new Client Operations team has taken on this function allowing our account managers to focus on what they excel at - bringing in new business and managing the existing relationships.
The Client Operations associate will join this new team in London focusing on benchmark change events.
- Working with the clients and account managers to accurately capture benchmark requirements whilst demonstrating excellent attention to detail and solid understanding of the impact on the client portfolio, participating in the internal sign-off calls for high risk events and obtaining proper signoffs from supporting departments whilst ensuring all deadlines are met
- Timely review of each benchmark change, including the approval of the performance back-test and the internally modelled benchmark constructed by the Index Solutions with prompt resolution of any outstanding issues prior to benchmarks going live
- Supporting business needs in the EMEA region by providing timely responses on benchmark-related enquiries and by meeting the demand for new benchmark construction in the region
- Serving as a point of escalation in case of vendor data delays
- Understanding index methodologies of various complexities. Examples include: currency-hedged benchmarks, duration-hedged strategies, commodity-based benchmarks with futures, leveraged exposures, buy-and-hold strategies, blending of the composites
- Solid financial maths skills related to market performance and attribution
- Self-starter with superb attention to details, excellent prioritization and time management skills and a proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong record of academic achievement with Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (such as Economics, Maths or Finance) required
- Preferred prior experience: a client facing role with the focus on fixed income and a strong technical element such as an index analyst/designer in a front office or a fixed income portfolio analyst
- Working towards or completed CFA qualification
- Familiarity with SQL and index websites and platforms or a strong willingness to learn
- Professional development. This firm offers a great variety of training courses and materials to deepen investment knowledge, technology and professional skills of its employees. It covers professional and regulatory qualifications and post graduate education including (but not limited to) CFA, FRM, CIPM, MBA and Masters in Finance.