The Client Service Associate is a critical role within the business. The global team is the first point of contact for all enquiries across the range of data produced on a real-time and end of day basis. This encompasses the thousands of indices calculated on a daily basis, from global benchmarks to the primary domestic indicators, from equities to fixed income, Developed markets to Frontier, and a growing range of thematic and alternative weighted indices.
The role is reporting to the Head of Client Engagement for EMEA
The Client Services Function
- Liaising with clients directly to help understand and resolve their queries, taking ownership of the queries, and ensuring that they are co-ordinated among departments, escalated as necessary, and dealt with in conjunction with SLAs and expectations.
- Clear on-going management of outstanding requests to ensure the required level of visibility.
- Build close working relationships with clients to ensure they are receiving the best possible service and fully understand how to use the services available to them.
- All client queries are logged via the dedicated Helpdesk software. Regularly monitoring open queries and producing daily reports on the volume and types of queries received. Flag trends and uncover potential opportunities for training.
- Work closely alongside the Global Client Service team located in London, New York and Seattle to continuously strive to improve the service we provide to clients.
Client Service Administration & Reporting
- Assist with the regular reporting requirements which are necessitated by an internal business requirement i.e. Sales/Business Development. Work with these teams to understand and deliver their necessary reporting.
- Regular external client reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. This is in line with the Global reporting standards across all teams.
- Extracting data (historical time-series, constituents, performance) on a bespoke basis upon client request. Manipulation of data and presentation in Excel, PDF, PowerPoint etc.
- Assist with the dissemination of information regarding new products and services and enhancements to existing clients. Work with clients to ensure they understand the impact and have all the information they require.
- Draft and send communications in relation to service disruptions. This takes the form of product delays, reissues and real-time service incidents. Work closely with relevant teams and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Support communication plans and initiatives for Asia Pacific which will complement the Global model. Proactively obtain feedback from clients on all aspects of the communication process.
- Capture the most updated client’s information to ensure effective communication.
- Support the on boarding process for new clients in conjunction with the different Sales teams. This involves creating new accounts, welcome packs and previsioning all of the data the client is entitled to receive.
- Identify client training opportunities at the on boarding stage and on-going client support process
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience gained within the Financial Services sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Markets and available products and services.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Proficiency in Excel is essential.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of applying analytical and investigative thinking to complex client queries.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Ability to regularly re-prioritize own workload and delegate as required.
- Highly organized with a good focus on attention to detail.
- Be able to operate independently and as part of a global team across different time zones.
- Handle difficult situations with tact and understanding. Understand the client’s challenges and endeavour to work with them to resolve.
- French Language preferable.