Cloud Architect - Up to £120,000 (London, UK)
We are working closely with a leading technology company who specialises in providing innovative expertise and delivery to a wide range of forwarding thinking companies within the financial services and telecoms industry.
They advise the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Their global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the internet of things across all sectors.
They're searching for a Cloud Architect with hands-on engineering experience of designing and delivering multiple Cloud Migrations to join their ever-growing cloud practice. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission-critical role in the value chain.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Perform hands-on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Provide vendor agnostic advice and recommendations to clients on the right Cloud vendors/partners to adopt for their business and application estates
Skills and Experience:
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using either Azure or AWS with experience of GCP, HP OpenStack, IBM Cloud also being highly desirable
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer specific requirements
- Expert knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Ability to explain the benefits and procedures of cloud migration in relation to a particular client.
If you have experience in cloud migrations and are interested in specialist training in either AWS, Azure or GCP please do not hesitate to apply.