Cloud Solution Architect
Currently recruiting for a Cloud Solutions Architect to work with some of the worlds leading financial services institutions to assist them with solving their most critical challenges, you will get the chance to learn and work across all leading Cloud platforms from AWS, Azure & GCP (Google Cloud Platform), we are currently looking for someone who previous experience with eiithe one or more of these platforms in the past. This role we are looking or a technologist who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and help build out their rapidly expanding cloud business. this position is based in London and has the potential and variety of the work that my client is offering is truly mind-blowing
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies.
- Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness).
- Strong management background particularly in technical, human resource and financial efficiency of technical solutions.
- Ability to identify and manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements.
- Experience in the functional decomposition of existing systems into micro services.
- Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives.
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing.
- Strong technical architectural and design skills combined with a confident white board manner.
- Exposure to of industry standard architectural frameworks and guidelines to support compliance, audit and security requirements associated with regulated industries (e.g. TOGAF, COBIT, CSA).
- Exposure to open banking api standards and other mainstays of retail banking like core banking systems is beneficial but not essential.
- Exposure to risk platforms and HPPC grids is beneficial but not essential.
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS/ GCP
- Infrastructure as code: Cloud Formation, Chef, Terraform, Ansible
- Streaming frameworks: Spark streaming, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- ETL/ELT: Airflow, Nifi, AWS Glue, GCP Pub Sub
- Data warehousing: Redshift, Snowflake or other MPP like Netezza or Exadata
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: DynamoDb, Mongodb, Potgresql, Mysql, Oracle, SqlServer
- Programming languages: Python, Scala, Java, .NET
- Serverless architecture knowledge: Lambda, Kubeless, Cloud functions
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- DevOps tooling: Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket pipelines, AWS Code deploy
- Big data frameworks: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop
- Swagger, RAML
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kamban.
- The ability to size and scope stores at an appropriate level to support completion within a sprint. Exposure to BDD would be a plus in this regard.
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Provide industry thought leadership via speaking at conferences and events, wiring blogs posts and white papers.