Forecasting, planning and stability are essential factors to ensure the company technology platform is a solid foundation on which the business can expand its product portfolio. Through engagement with key stakeholders IT Senior Management and IT Operations and Architecture, identify opportunities for business improvement based on relevant developments in the field of IT.
The Network Engineer role will have ownership of infrastructure development and configuration specific to the domain specialization of the Engineer with the following direct responsibilities:
- Proven design experience of a Corvil infrastructure with a view to solving problems with latency and microbursts
- Deployment and maintenance of Corvil traffic analysis infrastructure and taps to diagnose network and application problems
- Contribution or ownership of high-level designs (dependent on technology, scale and overall requirement)
- Creating low-level pattern or template designs
- Implementing technology defined in a low-level pattern or design
- Provide consultancy to project or operational teams to ensure appropriate selection of technology
- Liaison with architects, operational and project teams to ensure patterns and standard building blocks meet the company's requirements
- Performance, compatibility testing and dependency management between components
- Engagement of Engineering to resolve complex implementation or other technical issues
- Knowledge transfer to IT Operations for new technology or project deliveries, including process and technical documentation for handover to support teams
- Maintenance of Engineering delivered documentation, roadmaps and similar artifacts to ensure currency
- Contribute to the delivery of efficient solutions to meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements
- Where appropriate, creation, maintenance and communication of technical infrastructure platform standards
- When appropriate, participate in operational change management process
- When appropriate, ensure suitable contribution to major incident recovery processes
Required knowledge and level of experience
Career history and work experience within an exchange, financial services or similar environment is a critical requirement for this role.
- Cisco certified - CCIE/CCDE preferred but CCNP/CCDP considered for applicants with suitable experience. The successful candidate must have a minimum 5 years' experience in a large financial organisation.
- Expert Cisco networking experience specifically with Cisco Routers, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches and solid understanding of advanced WAN Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS)
- Expert knowledge of STP, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, VLANS, VRF's, Port Channels, IP Addressing and Sub-netting
- Network Security with VPNs, Firewalls, and ACLs.
- Knowledge of load balancer technology especially ACE modules and F5 Big IP
- Expert knowledge in Network IDS/IPS technologies
- Good knowledge of Internet security controls such as web filtering and content management
- Strong understanding of network enterprise monitoring solutions and associated operational support processes.
- Strong understanding of integrating network devices with Security Incident and Event Management tools, preferably HP Arcsight