We are recruiting for a global, multi-manager equities strategy-based fund in New York. In this high performing fund, we are looking for an addition to the talent solutions team for a data analyst.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the construction and delivery of business performance and human capital data and process analytics. The Analyst assists in the development of business requirements, analyzing data, building data models as necessary. This information will be taken from the source (python and excel) and turned into something digestible for portfolio managers and senior management to review (one pager)
Fundamental skills are that we are looking for someone that has presented analytic observations and recommendations to HR, Finance and Leadership. Communication skills are paramount so native English speakers/Fluent English to a high business level is essential.
Someone that has experience working with Python and Excel as the two most important systems experience needed but also Workday, PeopleSoft or other HCM platform, Tableau or similar data warehousing and reporting system.
Also, any work related to the evaluation of employees/Or has performed data actualized evaluation of employee performance and can create new metrics to measure engagement would be an ideal candidate. This experience coming from a consulting firm or hedge fund or top investment bank are the three backgrounds that we are looking for this hire.
- Leverage business performance and employee-related data to develop talent management insights and drive business solutions for variety of stakeholders including senior management
- Continuously investigate data to identify trends within the enterprise, applying contextual and dynamic approach
- Assist in report development using a strong understanding of relevant metrics and Excel macro development and create ad-hoc reports as needed
- Promote and monitor the consistency and accuracy of the data which will be leveraged across multiple processes and reports
- Build out and manage a highly customized new hire on-boarding curriculum and manage integration of all new hires
- Provide analytical and data management support for the year-end compensation process
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related area from a top 20 college or university
- Experience working with Python (data extraction and manipulation)
- At least 5 years as a strong practitioner of the business analytical skillset with strong focus on HR related processes
- Experience working with Workday, PeopleSoft or other HCM platform, Tableau or similar data warehousing and reporting system experience is required
- Strong Excel knowledge including formulas, APIs, and automation
- Strong technical skills, understanding of data sources and ability to use systems to acquire necessary data
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail; ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative and self-starter. Proven ability to work cross functionally and individually to achieve overall project objectives