The aim of the role is to understand and document from the Finance SME’s what data is required, the journey the data takes and any transformation required.
The Data Analyst will analyse data from a number of sources and outputs and work with Business Analysts and Finance SMEs to understand data and processing requirements to model the data needed within the Finance Transformation.
This will involve helping to define logical, physical and dimensional models as well as understanding reporting and output requirements to enable the data to be grouped, aggregated, presented and consumed effectively and efficiently from the data solution. In addition, the creation and maintenance of a Data Catalogue, Data Dictionary and Business Rule definitions will be required.
- Analysing data from multiple sources (admin systems, Excel reports, flat file extracts, existing DB’s, Finance and Regulatory reports, etc)
- Working with the project team and Finance SME’s to clearly define data requirements
- Defining business domain models
- Creating logical data models
- Inputting and building of physical data models
- Assisting with reports development lifecycle, ie presenting the right data in the right format and level of granularity and feeding into dimensional modelling and reporting marts where necessary