Work on a large-scale trade transformation project for a leading FSP based in London. The existing system has a very immature CI/CD pipeline for software deployment. And they need to hire a DevOps Engineer who is experienced in deploying automation tools for a green-field position.
If you have a passion for technology and designing cloud infrastructure, then this is a fantastic opportunity within a globally FSP. Deliver the next generation of financial platforms and trading systems.
If you want to hear more about working with cutting edge technology for a global brand, then please get in touch.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- Strong coding skills
- Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket, GIT or similar)
- Experience working with modern CI & CD tools and techniques (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of Configuration management and "infrastructure-as-code" with Puppet/Chef/Salt/Ansible. (Ansible expertise preferred)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- In-depth experience operating virtual environments
- Strong, working experience with both Windows and Unix based operating systems.
- Experience working as part of a modern development team; working knowledge of pair programming, testing best practices, automation and peer review
- Must have a good working knowledge of one or more Scripting languages (eg Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Practical experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience working with Docker/Kubernetes
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated, accountable and proactive
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities - both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. Aptitude for the effective prioritization of workload
- Ability to work both in isolation, managing one's own time
- The ability to lead others, balancing directive, coaching and facilitative leadership styles
- Flexibility in working around logistics and technical blockers.