DevOps / SRE - FTSE 100 – Bristol - £50,000 to £70,000 + Bonus + Fantastic Penison!
An innovative FTSE 100 Company and one of Sunday Times best companies to work for are looking to scale their SRE team with the hire of an Engineer due to the increased demand being put on their platform which is used by over a million customers.
What will you be doing?
Supporting multiple projects across multiple teams to improve the availability, latency, and performance of the technical side of the business.
In more detail...
- Managing Docker-based microservices that run on AWS Fargate as well as Java and Python-based applications that run in the AWS Cloud that support our business
- Coding in Shell, Python, Java, CloudFormation, and/or Terraform
- Iteratively improving SDLC and CI/CD technologies
- Providing engineering level on-call support, solving real-world problems, conducting Blameless Postmortems, then crafting and implementing technical solutions to mitigate reoccurrence
- Operating and iteratively improving observability, dashboards, monitoring tooling such as AppDynamics, AWS CloudWatch, PagerDuty and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana)
- Working in an Agile and regulated environment
Some of the things we're looking for:
- Passionate about cloud! Recent exposure to any of the three main cloud providers would be great. They use AWS.
- Exposure to ANY scripting language
- Passionate about automation with professional experience using relevant tools
- An understanding of SRE
What you can expect?
- Flexible working
- Mentorship off some of the brightest minds in the Public Cloud space (particularly SRE)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive salary with added bonus
- A company that has invested in growth and technology throughout 2020
If you're looking for a change and the opportunity to work with the most in-demand technology stack then please don't hesitate and apply or reach out directly on LinkedIn or at Tom.Fern@Orbisconsultants.com
Keywords: AWS, SRE, DevOps, Java, Python, Terraform, Docker, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Fullstack, Technology.