Operating in a global DevOps team specialising in technical builds across a suite of products working closely with the Development, Testing, Client Services teams to create and develop applications using the latest technologies.
The role of the DevOps Engineer is primarily focused on building functional systems that improve our customer experience.
- Create infrastructure and environments to support our platforms and applications using CloudFormation, Terraform and related technologies to ensure all our environments are controlled and consistent.
- Implement DevOps technologies and processes, e.g: containerisation, CI/CD, infrastructure as code, metrics, monitoring etc
- Automate wherever sensible
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration in IaaS / PaaS / SaaS models
- AWS including (but not limited to) Route53, ELB, VPC, EC2, S3, ECS, SQS
- Good understanding of 'Infrastructure as Code' technologies
- Good understanding of modern CI/CD methods and approaches
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB/2, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience with automation/configuration management using toolsets such as Chef, Puppet or equivalent
- Experience of enterprise systems deployed as micro-services through code pipelines utilizing containerisation (Docker)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools