Up to £75000.00 per annum
3 months ago
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and auctioning tickets within the Networks queue
- Managing infrastructure components within the global operating environment
- Reactive troubleshooting and resolution of alerts
- Identifying and resolving potential issues proactively
- Owning and resolving production issues and performing root cause analysis
- Managing ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated platform hardware, and preparing operational reports relating to these platforms
- Manage, perform due diligence and resolve where possible complex problems and escalate in a timely manner
- Working with design teams to review operational readiness of new projects, and actively contribute to solution design and develop standards where appropriate.
- Working closely with the Project, Architecture and Service Owners to address any issues identified
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives and system improvements
- Out of hours on-call on a rota
- University degree in computer science/engineering or similar.
- CCNP level at a minimum is required. Cisco Certified Network Professional - CCIE certification is desirable.
- Good knowledge of routing and switching.
- Working knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions (Cisco ASA and Checkpoint)
- Knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls is a desirable
- Knowledge of F5 (LTM and GTM) is desirable
- Working knowledge of UNIX, SNMP, RADIUS, 802.1x and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing requirements
- Good stakeholder engagement skills with a strong customer service mind set.
- Good time management skills to manage and action business as usual operational tasks as well as execute and deliver operational projects
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, with the ability to assimilate data rapidly in order to present solutions effectively.