If you’re excited by the prospect of designing and developing greenfield distributed systems to process billions of pounds worth of transactions, please read on!
A well-known technology firm who are responsible for providing one of the largest payment processing infrastructures in the globe are re-engineering their systems and as a result, are hiring an engineering lead. The organisation has a great engineering culture and as champion best practices within domain and event driven design to create these highly scalable, cloud hosted solutions.
Engineering Lead Responsibilities:
- Play a pivotal role is driving software engineering best practices, championing things like DDD/EDD within a microservices, cloud-based environment
- Be a technical leader while remaining very hands on with development – predominantly with Java, Spark, Spring and Kafka on AWS
- Act as a DevOps evangelist with tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Terraform
Engineering Lead Requirements:
- Strong experience as a hands-on engineer, ideally working on a Java, Kafka, AWS stack or similar
- Ability to lead a small engineering team and drive a culture of best practices
- Have a DevOps mindset and ideally experience with the latest tools/methods
- Any experience working on highly scalable distributed systems is ideal
The organisation have a flexible comp package where you are able to choose which benefits your salary is focused on and how much goes towards what – on top of a great base salary and flexible working.
If you’re looking to have a large impact as an Engineering Lead in a forward-thinking technology-first environment – please do not hesitate to apply!