Engineering Manager – Innovative Tech Retailer - $300k
A high scale tech retail organization who regularly win awards for innovation across their web and mobile platforms are expanding their engineering team with the hire of an Engineering Manager for their core systems.
This role involves leading the engineering efforts across all production services at scale, in a technical environment of Python, ReactJS and Java in an AWS/GCP environment – where DevOps culture is strong.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities;
- Build out, mentor and lead a team of engineers in an agile environment with best practices across quality, delivery and DevOps
- Work closely with the engineering director to define strategy and architecture for the delivery of high performing apps and services
- Be a self-starter and able to work cross-functionally to design and deliver innovative features
Engineering Manager Requirements;
- 5+ years commercial experience of leading engineering teams to design and develop scalable web/mobile based solutions
- A passion for technology leadership, architecture and a desire to work with thought leaders in the industry
- Technical enough to understand the stack, delivery limitations and potentially get hands on from time to time
The successful Engineering Manager will have the chance to work for an organization valued at billions of dollars as it goes through a journey to deliver technical excellence.
Benefits include flexible working, very strong compensation and a true engineering culture.