Up to £100000.00 per annum + 20% guaranteed cash benefits
3 months ago
**Engineering Manager - API - up to £130,000 package - Central London**
Working with a leading UK bank to be the engineering manager of their Open Banking API project, leading from a hands-off perspective, a team of mainly Java developers working on a modern architecture.
What you'll do
We'll look to you to play a key role in the flagship API platform used across the bank to accelerate delivery of digital experiences to both internal and external clients.
You'll be part of an agile team and work closely with business sponsors to define and deliver innovative technical solutions, both to external customers and internal teams.
More specifically, you'll:
- Own the delivery of specific pieces of functionality of as part of the wider API platform.
- Work directly with the API platform lead and other delivery leads to coordinate work and define the platform roadmap.
- Work closely with the developers in the delivery team to define, coordinate and execute on the delivery plan, remove blockers and problem solve.
- Work with business stakeholders and consuming teams to further the product whilst delivering functionality for end users.
- Be an evangelist for the platform throughout the bank.
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced delivery lead, able to coordinate an agile team with great stakeholder management skills and problem solving abilities.
As well as this, you'll have:
- Experience working for a company with an API based customer segment.
- Experience leading an agile team
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with wider bank colleagues who need coaching to come along on the journey.
- Commercial experience of building a product which has been sold to customers
- Organised, methodical and thorough with a detailed and structured approach to problem solving.
- Web stack experience (REST APIs, resilient distributed micro-services, load-balancing, hosting