9 months ago
This company is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. They deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Lead Software Developer – Full stack
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Writes new software, makes modifications to existing software, or integrates software applications and modules in accordance with specifications, created in partnership with others
- Contributes to the creation of ux design. May lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support (not out of hours) to operations or other development teams.
- Creates, reviews, and maintains all required technical documentation/ manual related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Assists in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments.
- Assists with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements,
- Provides design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for small software development tasks.
- Provides timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
- Actively participates in team and status meetings.
- Demonstrates software as requested
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Is fully competent in more than one programming languages, software engineering methodologies, software development tools.
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS). Especially technologies such as EC2, S3, Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic Search
- Experience in delivering scalable distributed computing with fault tolerance
- Expert skills and experience working in Go, Scala, Python and NodeJS.
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience of unit testing, code management tools and design tools.
- Keeps up to date with latest emerging technologies and never afraid to rewrite existing components to use
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Blockchain technologies, P2P and smart contracts
- Experience of financial markets, OTC derivatives, contracts etc
- Experience of cryptography such has public key encryption, KMI
- Relational and NoSQL database technologies
- DevOps experience: configuration management, containers, virtualization, continuous integration
- Open source advocacy and participation
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.