A strategic cloud-first transformation business who specialise in digital transformations in the financial services sector are looking for cloud experts and enthusiasts. The role will see you advise some of the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems.
The business are looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect with hands-on engineering experience of designing and delivering multiple Cloud Migrations to GCP. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission-critical role in the value chain.
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Perform hands-on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Provide vendor agnostic advice and recommendations to clients on the right Cloud vendors/partners to adopt for their business and application estates
- Engage in architectural discussions with senior technology executives to support decision making processes; able to discuss costs, risks, benefits, opportunities and trade-offs associated with architectural options
Skills & Experience
- Significant experience of application architecture in GCP.
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer-specific requirements
- Strong programming experience, ideally in Python, Java, or SQL.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices.
- Proficient with Terraform or Cloudformation
- Sound knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
What you can expect
A supportive management team that are able to provide a huge budget for specialist training and cloud certifications. From the first moment, you will be given a clear career progression path with clear targets in how to succeed within the business.
The projects will be diverse and complex so someone who enjoys a challenge and working out of their comfort zone will thrive.
The company will offer a competitive salary and a luxurious bonus to successful candidates.
Keywords: API, Apigee, GCP, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Pre-sales, Engineering, Development, Innovation.