A leading global exchange group are in the market for a commercial strategist to combine business focus with regulatory understanding and deliver against territory/function government relations and regulatory strategy, to support the business on numerous initiatives and drive the group strategy accordingly.
This is an excellent opportunity to engage with senior stakeholders across a leading financial institution, utilizing commercial, regulatory and market awareness to convey strategic business initiatives that have a tangible impact on the wider organization. It is, therefore, a role with significant exposure to many aspects of the financial landscape and encourages hands-on involvement to develop a holistic understanding of critical business changes.
- Contribute to key aspects of regulatory strategy; advocating policy issues to be addressed
- Outline and manage strategies affecting policy changes in assigned jurisdiction
- Facilitate engagement with assigned Government, working to promote and manage forthcoming inward investment
- Assist with key political engagements and manage the organisation’s ongoing political contact and relationship strategy
- Execute the lobbying responses to legislative change or disputes in the context of key business and regulatory objectives
- Degree or equivalent and / or relevant professional qualification
- Previous related experience
- Experience of territory politics and/or the financial services sector relevant to role
- Interest in politics / political process, particularly within a business context
- Experience in political institutions a positive
- Strong stakeholder management skills, this can be either a People Manager or Individual Contributor role
- Proven experience of communicating both orally and in writing to the highest standards, preferably with senior executives and politicians