A well-known organization are replatforming their core payments platform which is responsible for processing billions of pounds worth of transactions, creating an opportunity to design and develop a greenfield system with the latest technologies.
The organisation has a great engineering culture and as champion best practices within domain and event driven design to create these highly scalable, cloud hosted solutions.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Play a pivotal role is driving software engineering best practices, championing things like DDD/EDD within a microservices, cloud-based environment
- Be a technical leader while remaining very hands on with development – predominantly with Java, Spark, Spring and Kafka on AWS
- Act as a DevOps evangelist with tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Terraform
Engineering Manager Requirements:
- Experience as a hands-on engineer, ideally working on a Java, Kafka, AWS stack or similar
- Ability to lead a small engineering team and drive a culture of best practices
- Have a DevOps mindset and ideally experience with the latest tools/methods
- Any experience working on highly scalable distributed systems is ideal
The organisation have a flexible comp package where you are able to choose which benefits your salary is focused on and how much goes towards what – on top of a great base salary in 6 figures.
If you’re an engineering leader looking to have a large impact as an Engineering Manager in a forward thinking technology first environment – please do not hesitate to apply!