Our client, a leading provider of data privacy technology, is currently on the market for a Head of Customer Support to implement the company's support function and support its growing customer base including large global investment banks and government bodies. This is an opportunity to take ownership for establishing a support function from scratch with one of fastest growing tech start-ups in London.
- Establish a customer support function separate from the existing services teams.
- Take ownership of existing customer support framework and update it to reflect the wider ITIL service management requirements and meeting customer support demands.
- Define customer service resources requirements; recruit and manage according to needs of the business and provide training for the support team. This includes induction, skills development and performance management.
- Nurture positive relationships with clients, driving customer success with the company's products.
- Ensure that appropriate support documentation for our products is available, working with Product Management to fill in the gaps as needed.
- Build a self-service knowledge base providing technical and product information direct to customers and internal users.
- Assess and define approach for cross-time zone and/or 24x7 support.
Key Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in customer/technology service roles - supporting of technology products, ideally handling large datasets, BI, data services or related areas.
- Experience of building/upscaling technical support teams is highly desirable.
- Historical hands-on experience supporting technical products.
- Experience within a fast-growing technology firm.
- A background in related business disciplines highly beneficial. e.g. data analysis, reporting, ETL, Business Intelligence, Privacy Engineering.
- Communication skills are key - informing, helping and advising customers clearly and liaising effectively with others as needed.
- Motivational skills and an ability to supervise and lead a team of customer service assistants.
- Creative thinking, to be able to come up with new ideas to improve customer service standards.
- An ability to work well under pressure.