An opportunity has arisen to bring a Head of Data into our growing team based in London. This is a role that has visibility to the CEO, and a large part of the tech organisations expansion strategy is dependent on successfully building the Data team.
We are looking for an energetic, visionary Lead to grow our UK data consultancy business. The role will be a billable role (i.e. you will be expected to be able to bill your time to projects), and therefore will require you to have the ability to be hands on. As you grow your team, your billable time can be decreased. You will be expected to be comfortable presenting within a pre-sales environment, and have the confidence to be a trusted advisor to demanding clients. You will need to have a vision and opinion for where the market is moving and to be able to convey that to different audiences.
We would expect you to either be blogging and/or to be active on speaking circuits. We expect you to be forward thinking and highly structured. We require you to have excellent team building, mentoring and hiring skills. We expect you to be very entrepreneurial with a desire to build a significant part of our business.
You are likely to already have experience within a data consultancy and have a strong understanding of the key performance measures that drive a consultancy business – such as managing a bench, margins, project delivery, offering development.
You will work closely with your colleagues in Sales, Delivery and Financial Control.
- Create offerings that can be taken to market
- Build the onshore capability to deliver projects
- Hire and manage exceptional people
- Provide an exciting dynamic work environment
- Oversee the project portfolio to ensure consistent delivery
- Report monthly to the management team against Key Performance Indicators
- We expect you to have a deep technical knowledge of Big Data, Streaming Data, Data governance, Data Cataloguing, Data Lineage
- Google and Amazon cloud data technology
- Cloud migrations
- Ability to manage high stakes relationships, influence senior stakeholders and have excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to shape proposals, solutions
- Financial acumen and the ability to identify sales opportunities
- People management skills including motivation, relationships, interpersonal skills, coaching, conflict resolution