Head of IT Architecture (VP Level) - Central London - BRAND NEW AREA - up to £115,000 base
The role of the Head of IT Architecture helps set the IT strategy and defines the group architecture in alignment with the companies business strategy and objectives. The role is responsible for defining the future vision for the technology estate, setting architecture principles, defining patterns and outlining roadmaps to deliver that future vision. The scope of the Architecture function spans the major technology architecture domains of Application, Data, Infrastructure and Security architecture
This is a new function within the organisation where they are looking to establish and define a 3-5 year IT strategy and build out a new team of high-level Enterprise Architects working closely with the CTO office - establishing the IT Architecture function covers across a range of architecture domains globally.
- Support the CTO and IT Leadership team in creating and maintaining the IT Strategy to support the global business strategy
- Establish the Architecture function across the key domains of Application, Data, Infrastructure and Security architecture, ensuring sufficient sourcing of architecture team members and skills to meet the demands of the function.
- Build and lead the architecture team ensuring high-quality team members are hired and are well motivated.
- Develop the future state technology architecture in alignment with the global group business architecture.
- Architecture Certification - ideally TOGAF
- Educated to degree level in a technical, analytical or mathematical subject or with relevant alternative professional experience
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- Experience leading an architecture function
- Experience developing IT strategy and architecture
- Strong domain knowledge of and experience working in an RIE/CCP
- Practical experience developing and operating IT systems (software engineering and/or data architecture background preferred)
Technical and core competencies:
- Up to date skills in some or all of the key development technologies in use including C#, JAVA, Kafka, MySQL
- Good understanding of standard infrastructure patterns including Windows, Linux, Networking, Oracle and SQL databases
- Experience in cloud and hybrid infrastructure models including Azure and AWS.
APPLY - I would love to chat to you more about the opportunity, the company, and the line manager.