The Index Review team are ultimately responsible for the review, rebalance, and reconstitution of the index / product portfolio. It is a global group, with teams in Hong Kong, London, Fort Mill and Seattle. The group operates a “follow the sun model” with work as a single team across the different time-zones.
- As a member of the Index Review team, the individual will be responsible for the support/assisting of the periodic Index reviews and rebalances of the client’s indices. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Conduct the periodic rebalance process of indices and/or the associated implementation of any changes, in accordance with review schedule.
- Conduct eligibility checks on stocks potentially entering my client’s indices, such as liquidity and free float.
- Conduct data analysis on the results of index rebalances to ensure the accuracy and quality of the changes of the review.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and articulate the effects and impact of the index rebalance/reviews on end clients.
- Escalate any issues/concerns to the line manager and report exceptions in a timely manner.
- Timely investigation and resolution of any client queries relevant to your role and areas of expertise.
- Highlight and recommend process improvements to your line manager that will improve the levels of quality, productivity & client service.
- Using all available data sources including data vendors, stock exchanges and regulatory filings to research and analyse underlying security level data.
- Participate in projects or initiatives as needed such as writing procedures.
- Ensure that all of your tasks have been completed in accordance with your procedures.
- Strive to constantly improve your skills through training & development.
- Support the onboarding of new business to the team.
- Actively contribute to the training and onboarding of new team members.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across teams (including other offices), actively encouraging interaction and providing assistance to others where required.
CANDIDATE PROFILE / KEY SKILLS
It is expected that with limited supervision the individual will deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above, working to strict deadlines and to the highest degree of accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of the investment management and portfolio construction across asset classes.
- Knowledge of performance measurement and portfolio analysis concepts.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize effectively, handle multiple projects under tight deadlines, identify/ flag/resolve potential issues early on
- A proven track record for achievement in delivering a high quality service.
- MS or MBA in finance, financial engineering, economics, statistics, or other quantitative fields a plus.
- CFA, CAIA designations (or participation in the programs) also a plus.
Type of Person
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and responsive to change.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Logical and structured approach.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable with flexible hours
- Team player
- Highly motivated