- Carry out business, systems and data analysis to enable a suitable solution which will meet the clients' need.
- Become an SME on the product and and taking ownership of product decisions to meet the project and ultimately strategic business objectives.
- Consulting with product stakeholders to create and maintain a product roadmap with agreed view of value and priority.
- Articulation, definition and prioritisation of product requirements by writing user stories and scenarios, maintaining a product backlog, prioritisation and assisting with development estimation.
- Participation in daily stand-ups, sprint planning and review meetings, retrospectives and sprint demonstrations/playback sessions.
- Demonstrating completed work to business stakeholders and assessing recognised value delivered.
- Having close relationships and communication with members of the scrum team to make development decisions and ensure the objectives and requirements of each sprint is well understood.
- Supporting the QA and UAT teams to ensure thorough understanding of requirements as well as providing advice or clarification on any issues raised during test cycles.
- Understand expectations that are set with internal and external customers and recognise when issues/events may affect delivery and takes action to mitigate.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a Business Analyst function on Indices products is essential; index design and how indices are used by financial institutions.
- Knowledge of Equities and/or Fixed Income instruments, corporate actions, related market data and products.
- System requirements and technical design; software development.
Strong analysis and requirements gathering skills, both business and systems focussed with the ability to understand relations between data sets, prepare sample data, define and review financial calculations and prepare data mappings.
Database management and design; or experience of querying database tables using SQL
Solid, proven experience of performing business analysis activities in an Agile environment.
Experience in the production of business analysis artefacts at various levels of detail.
Ability to supplement requirements with visuals such as data flow, swim-lane, process flow and timeline diagrams.
Strong and proven 'soft' skills with the ability to communicate requirements in a clear, accurate, concise, engaging and thorough manner.