- Reduce the ongoing IT cost base through challenging existing services (e.g. price x quantity) ensuring that new software purchases or renewal are optimised.
- Work closely with partners and suppliers, both internal and external; deliver against contractual commitments and provide value for money services and products.
- Contract management activities and guidance throughout the project and services lifecycle, including managing commercial requirements, deliverables and performance of specified contracts at all phases.
- Ensure that the services received from internal and external 3rd parties are delivered in line with good financial practices, constantly challenging charges and unit pricing to ensure that the services are delivered according to industry best practice.
- Drivng discussions with suppliers, both internal and external ensuring that value for money and ongoing cost reductions are achieved.
- Support Investment and Business Case activities so that financial rigor is applied and our investment is maximised.
Key Skills and Experience
- Broad IT and supplier management experience particularly software licensing, product selection and review and preventing unnecessary IT spend.
- Knowledge of legal issues, profitability requirements, contract structure, terms and conditions, sub-contract considerations, funding and payment plans.
- Astute analytical ability to identify commercial risks and opportunities, and ability to devise a flexible range of mitigations.
- Knowledge of tools and techniques that can be used to assist forecasting and cost control.
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce and other mainstream management platforms a plus.
- Stakeholder management skills; good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Ability to understand and challenge project P&L accounts.