The ideal candidate would have demonstrable experience in procurement, covering all aspects of the procurement function in order to provide a thorough, and cost and time efficient service for the institution.
They are looking for someone eith:
- High levels of interpersonal skills to liaise successfully across the various internal teams and to deal in a positive way with vendor negotiations.
- Ability to bridge communications between IT and its business customers, with a focus on developing an understanding of what the IT organisation and its vendors can deliver and how that can be measured most effectively.
- Analytical in his or her approach to problem solving with a focus on managing in a team environment with attention to results and with a sense of urgency.
The successful candidate must have:
- Five or more years in IT procurement, with experience as an IT procurement or category manager, is desirable.
- Experience in running competitive tenders and contract negotiation and is familiar with the administrative expectations.
- Legal experience, with a background in technology contracts.
- Experience of driving and delivering significant value from procurement programmes.
The responsbilities will include:
- Carry out third-party IT spending activities, aligning outcomes to the insitutio's desired objectives for service, cost and value.
- Establish and maintain an effective stakeholder relationship with the senior organisation and IT leadership team.
- Manage the key IT categories - hardware, software, professional services and cross-category spending.
- Own the IT procurement plan to ensure the most effective approach to procurement across the project and business as usual spending requirements.
- Work with subject matter experts throughout the business to procure the best fit for the organisation and to allocate business fairly and with regard to vendor performance.
- Work with other stakeholders, representing the IT procurement role. Drive IT procurement projects, IT outsourcing initiatives, IT-related business process outsourcing projects and IT cost-reduction initiatives to achieve significant value.
- Perform supplier due diligence and supplier risk management for all procurements.
- Work with the CTO Office to develop the capability of the procurement team and the commercial awareness of the IT function.
If you believe this role is something of interest and well suited to you, please apply and we will be in touch in due course.