Java Architect, Payment Network
I am recruiting for an experienced Java developer with skills across Microservices and NoSQL to join an enterprise architecture team to help transform the payment network platform for a multinational financial services corporation. As a senior architect in this group the expectation will be for you to code and have coding ability but also lead the development team, project to project for the back-end architecture group.
The project leadership and communication piece is very important to this hire.
The ongoing programme of work is to transform the payment network platform to a state of the art distributed and global processing environment. This individual coming into this function will architect cutting-edge strategies for the payment process, using latest computing techniques driving proof of concepts with strong hands-on experience.
Payments platform experience (such as PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, Capital One, ChasePay etc) would be advantageous as a knowledge of how these need to be navigated would lend well to the group (although it is not essential) What is required is experience of how to architect and develop new enterprise platform utilising microservices.
- Perform rapid POC’s to experiment and build rails for the engineering team
- Support engineers and project managers in rapid development and deployment
- Actively participate in team and enterprise-wide architecture and engineering discussions.
- Introduce enterprise architectural paradigms and solutions into the portfolio.
- Drive both high level and detailed design and conduct design reviews
- Engage and work with cross-functional leaders to understand and help define business principles, goals and strategy within scope of responsibility.
- Communicate to senior leaders with regard to strategy direction and changes.
- Mentor engineers and solution architects to ensure technology complexities are understood very clearly to implement solutions expeditiously with high quality
- 8 or more years of strong hands on experience in Java and experience with backend or middle ware processing
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Hands on experience in the following environments is preferred: Java,Go,Vert.x,React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JASON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis,Consul, Jenkins, docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack,Kafka
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
**Employment eligibility to work with this company in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this hire.**