A series-B funded start-up based in London looking to increse their engineering team to 55 (at 50 right now) in 2020, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. Working with enterprise organisations enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security. Recently and successfully completed a $80 million Series C funding (April 2020) round and are growing strongly.
Looking for several talented software engineers to help build their products to "do something good for the world" - open to people from 2 years experience up to experience senior developers. You’ll combine state-of-the-art technologies with leading-edge algorithms to understand and tackle hard data security and data anonymisation problems.
Experience and knowledge needed:
- Core Java
- Enjoy tackling complex data structures and algorithmic problems
- Exposure to full software development lifecycle, taking a bigger picture and holistic approach to programming.
- Strong communication skills, where you want to learn off your peers and help them learn also, through collaboration and paired programming.
What does the role offer you?
- Competitive base salary from £60,000 up to £85,000
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays - not one of those who include them in the allowance)
- Private healthcare
- Stock options
- Pension - 5% match
Engineering culture - small engineering teams, seeing the full development lifecycle taking ownership over the codebase, with bi-weekly sprints and access to a product manager.
Desirable but not essential:
- Big Data knowledge - Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Casandra, Apache Nifi, Kafka, MapReduce, HBase
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with multithreading or concurrent programming
- Built complex distributed systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Software Engineering, Information Security, Physics, Mathematics or similar
To apply to this role either email your CV to email@example.com or apply directly to this role either with a CV or link to your LinkedIn profile.
Skill summary: Core Java, data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, multithreading, algorithms, Big Data, Spark, Hadoop, AWS, Nifi, Kafka, Snowflake, Databricks