Java Developer required for a leading global asset management firm, who manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of investment strategies and vehicles including fixed income, equities, commodities, real estate, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
This role will develop applications utilised by portfolio management and trading activities. The focus for this position will be in delivering complex platforms that enable decision making and employ AI techniques to optimise investment decisions.
The technology team is organised into small, focused agile groups that work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. This environment fosters innovation and promotes an entrepreneurial spirit. My client used top of the line tools, as they realise the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly.
- Design and develop trading systems using Java
- Work with project managers, technical leads and business owners to understand business processes and workflows
- Able to translate business requirements into functional requirements and technical design
- Support functional and operational aspects of the systems being delivered to the business
- BS/BA degree in computer Science, engineering or Math
- 5+ years hands on development experience in Java (Core Java), Spring
- Experience implementing Serive Oriented Architecture (SOA) using rest Services (Jax-RS), Clustering and mechanisms that promote high availability and scalability
- Hands on experience in Database programming (DB scripting, stored procedure, complex join queries, Optimisation / Query tuning) in oracle
- Experience working within an Agile Environement
- Experience in Financial Industry would be a big plus and front office technology would eb highly preferred