Our client, a leading financial institution, is currently looking for a Junior Project Manager to work across a number of work streams on their trading platform programme. The business is currently undergoing a significant transformation in their IT function with regards to the roll out of new trading technology and upgrades to existing solutions. This programme will include a number of projects including a developer tool roll-out, as well as test environment management. The role reports into the Senior Project Manager for the programme and will offer the opportunity to work with multiple senior stakeholders in the business.
- Work with business leads to identify scope and requirements of the projects to be delivered.
- Create and track plans and task lists and provide status reporting along with risk and issue management/escalation.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver projects using formalised project processes and procedures.
- Work with delivery work streams to communicate business objectives and requirements, make decisions on delivery options and produce delivery costs and plans.
- Work with other related projects to understand and manage project dependencies.
- Work with technical and non-technical resources to plan analysis work and highlight risks and issues.
- Work with Finance to define accurate, meaningful and measurable cost models and track actuals against the forecast.
- Work with the business owners to define acceptance criteria.
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Business cases defining the costs and benefits associated with requested changes.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar Project Manager role (financial services experience is ideal but not essential).
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level.
- Experience of working on multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Highly organised, with an eye for detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English (the role will involve creating complex reports for Senior Management).
- Strong relationship management skills, able to maintain strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent time keeping and prioritisation skills, able to work to strict deadlines.