We are looking for someone that is an existing Sales/Relationship Manager from a compliance technology vendor to join a commercial a product team for a global client of ours that is a provider of secure financial messaging services. Please note, we are not looking for a compliance/KYC professional from a bank that is working in a line or project function. This is a Product Manager that has specific experience of dealing with a client-facing product or someone that has a sales/relationship management role in a product/go to market role, with demonstrable involvement in the sales life cycle.
As a Compliance Product Specialist, you will deliver expert advice to their members and client across a broad product portfolio. Products range from KYC, AML and Sanctions through to Fraud and Cyber Crime services.
This is specifically as part of the Americas team servicing USA and Canada; you’ll collaborate with account managers and provide specialist compliance knowledge/advice to our customers. The aim is to enable our customers to identify the right compliance solutions for their business.
The wider product specialist team acts as the go-between for our commercial and product organisations, bringing together the best of both worlds.
Working collaboratively with colleagues from across both product and relationship management disciplines, you will be accountable for:
- Help us to position and expand the companies varied compliance offering into the financial services and corporate sectors across USA and Canada.
- Support the management of a revenue and opportunity number by product stream by market and take ownership for it being met
- Represent the company, promoting the company’s message, products and services to grow our business (i.e. participate in, and speak at workshops, business forums and conferences as a thought leader)
- Continue to develop your market expertise and credibility as a product spokesperson and domain expert across the various compliance disciplines (customer and transaction screening, list management, KYC, data analytics, sanctions filter testing and back office intrusion) and the relevance to the wider industry and business.
- Communicate relevant market and sales intelligence to management and senior stakeholders (i.e. as client feedback, required updates or development items), in informative and engaging formats.
Experience and Competencies
- Some experience in a sales/relationship management role OR in a product/go to market role, with demonstrable involvement in the sales life cycle.
- Growth mindset, enthusiastic learner keen to get involved in a wide variety of projects across other business development product lines if/& when appropriate
- Flexibility/adaptability: Can-do, pro-active attitude
- Excellent communication skills: modifies communication style to others, acknowledges and respects other views.
- Effective stakeholder management: internally as well as externally as good relationships are key to this role
- Strong business acumen, customer orientation and problem-solving skills
Desirable Experience, competencies and qualifications
- CAMS or ICA certification
- Sales methodology training such as SPIN, Challenger, Agile etc
- Domain knowledge experience (demonstrable interest in financial crime prevention, fraud/cyber-crime or the wider compliance space: customer or transaction screening, sanctions/PEP data, IDV or KYC, enterprise data, fraud, cyber-crime, sanctions filter testing, governance and regulatory risk or associated compliance technology sales).
- Experience of working with the world’s largest financial institutions
- Existing Sales/RM skills from an existing compliance technology vendor, in-house at a financial institution, NBFI or a client-facing product-marketing manager with deeper domain knowledge
- An understanding of the US and Candadian Payments landscape, emerging technology and financial services
- Additional sector knowledge of banking, securities, funds, corporates