A leading payments processing business is currently looking for a Lead Product Designer to join their transaction team.
The Transaction design team is responsible for all aspects of the interaction between merchants and their customers. This includes, but not limited to, the ordering process, order fulfillment, payment, customer loyalty, and communication between merchants and their customers across all platforms (web, devices, mobile apps).
- Have a portfolio of elegant design that marries form and function. Iterations on your own work, based on user research and analytics, are a must.
- Know that the best things are made together. You’re not just open to feedback from your colleagues, you actively seek it out.
- Can articulate the reasons behind your process and your decisions, in words and pictures.
- You’re open to feedback and actively seeking them. You work with engineers and product managers to make the experience a reality.
- Bring a broad range of research, ideation, and prototyping methods to the table, and a desire to learn new approaches from your colleagues. If you don’t know something, you’re willing to find out.
- Do this work because you love it. Good design determines how products feel and how they work, and you’ll go the extra mile to get it right.
- 8+ years' experience designing digital experiences in a fast paced, cross-functional design and development team.
- 3+ years' experience leading design efforts to successful outcomes and mentorship of junior designers.
- Familiarity with a range of design methods, including lightweight research, user journey mapping, prototyping, and wireframes.
- Refined typography and beautiful, balanced compositions come naturally to you.
- Proficiency in whatever tools you use to build and communicate, and willingness to adapt to new tools.
- The confidence to stand up for your informed point of view, and the humility to adjust it with new information.
- The ability to bring stakeholders together to move projects forward.
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline.
- Experience working with small businesses and consumer applications