Working for a global exchange who are a leader in their field - looking for a Group/Lead Solutions Architect to work closely with the Head of IT Architecture and a team of Solutions Architects in a brand new architecture team. The architects' span across Application, Data, Infrastructure and Security developer and delivery high-quality solutions aligned with the strategic architecture and roadmap set out by the Head of IT Architecture.
You'll be responsible for designing and implementing IT solutions as part of this greenfield strategic programmer whilst defining and creating reusable capabilities across the organisation - building out the full set of documentation used by the organisations. These principles standards and patterns are key artefacts for the company to ensure all IT systems align to the strategic roadmap.
The role covers;
- Design & delivery of bespoke solutions, in-house and by 3rd parties
- Evaluation, selection, adoption and integration of COTS products
- Coordination across the various Architectural domains
- Contribute to the definition, maintenance and evolution of the Architectural principles, standards and patterns in line with the Architectural Roadmap
- Responsible for the solutions architecture on a major new strategic programme of work making sure it is aligned to the Architectural Roadmap
- Design and implement solutions to achieve a successful business outcome and align with the Enterprise Architecture & Design principles.
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options to assess and evaluate associated risks
- Align solution designs across the exchanges group to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
A candidate for this position must have a significant level of experience working in an IT organisation:
- As a technologist who has evolved from a strong background in hands-on software development
- Knowledge of distributed systems & services, messaging, object orientation, database solutions, web application development, security and open source technologies
- Knowledge of design patterns and architectural concepts including microservices, low latency systems, data warehousing, APIs and cloud services
- Experience as a programme architect or across a range of related domains
- Deep knowledge of integration patterns & technologies and experience designing and implementing integrated, distributed systems
- Experience working within the financial institutions, ideally derivatives markets
- Deep experience in a wide range of architectural areas and business domains
- Experience designing & delivering choreographed/event-driven solutions, ideally using an event streaming platform such as Kafka
- Knowledge & experience specifying, designing & implementing big data solutions