London, United Kingdom
8 months ago
Lead UX Designer - Up to £90,000 + great benefits!
A leading Fintech start up is building technology to revolutionise banking.
Their mission is to bring Machine Learning and Big Data to the world of personal finance and in doing so, provide a beautiful and intuitive user experience. They are a hard-working, fun-loving bunch that have grown from a lean mean start-up of a dozen engineers to over fifty in the past couple of years.
- The team are looking for a Lead UX designer to work in its application team. The application team is a tight knit group, of developers, designers and user testing.
- You will be the main UX person in the group. It is essential you are used to working closely with engineering teams on internal projects.
- The ability to construct wireframe screens against a given brief, and are comfortable with the peer review process used at Thought Machine for all our work.
- This is a hands-on role, hence you need to be comfortable with creating all the UX work yourself, and be proficient in all the tools required.
- Experience as a Senior User Experience designer, UX Lead or within the mobile app space
- Experience in working with a tech company (rather than say purely an agency background).
- Proven commercial experience in having designed apps which have shipped (ie not just concepts).
- Thorough knowledge of design principles and patterns on web, iOS and Android
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Front end development experience would be an advantage - particularly React and React Native
- Knowledge of the banking sector.