30-31 Haymarket, London SW1Y 4EX, United Kingdom
11 months ago
As a part of the User Experience Research (UXR) & Insights team within Enterprise Digital & Analytics, you’ll be responsible for uncovering and translating user needs that drive customer-centered design solutions.
That right candidate will have a deep knowledge of user research, Design Thinking, and a proven track record of successfully consulting and partnering with Product Owners, Designers, and wider stakeholders.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users – establishing user needs and goals
- Consult with Product Owners and Designers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations - and craft research plans that align with the product roadmap
- End-to-end responsibility for a portfolio of research projects. From identifying the appropriate methods to get the data; to establishing timelines and dependencies; to conducting the research itself, and delivering the results in a compelling way
- Delivering both generative and evaluative research - from rapid iterative usability testing, to a combination of more in-depth methods, to drive product development and improvement
- Working in a hybrid model, where research may be undertaken directly by the UXR team, in partnership with a vendor, or delivered by a 3rd party, but managed by you
- Synthesize learnings across projects, integrate with other functions (e.g. Analytics) and lead socialization of findings
- Contribute to continuous improvement of UXR practice and research techniques, as we build the maturity of our function
- Work across multiple markets to identify global solutions, across all stages of the customer lifecycle
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science, or similar; or equivalent practical experience
- Significant UX Research / Digital Interaction experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences
- Proven experience in identifying research needs, matching those needs to research methods, and aligning approach with overall business strategy
- Experience conducting research using of a range of qualitative methods and related tools, from usability testing and contextual inquiry; to remote testing (with UserZoom or Qualtrics); to focus groups, card sorting, participatory design, ethnography, etc.
- Track record of delivering Usability testing: moderating (1 on 1), screener creation, test plan creation, debriefing, facilitation, and presentation of results and recommendations
- Experience facilitating workshops on topics such as design thinking, rapid prototyping, and empathy + journey mapping
- Ability to synthesize multiple insights to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the organization, and communicate them effectively to Product Owners and Designers
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners to drive multiple research projects at pace and scale
- Strong communication, presentation, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Comfortable working independently, and as part of a larger specialist team, being managed virtually/remotely across multiple locations and time zones.
- Can demonstrate experience adapting to change, and be able to hit the ground running