Our client, a leading financial institution, is currently on the market for a 12 month interim Product Marketing Manager to work across multiple financial product areas, defining product marketing positioning and strategy. This is a global role for an individual with a strong background of financial markets.
- Develop an understanding of the relevant financial products to develop strategic marketing plans.
- Identifying the product positioning and marketing needs for campaigns and develop campaigns to fit these needs.
- Engaging directly with customers, prospects and influencers to research, test and evolve the marketing message.
- Monitoring of the competitive marketing landscape.
- Defining the segmentation of target customers and prospects, and tailoring marketing content to specific segments.
- Identifying and developing channels for product marketing such as industry groups and associations, conferences, buyer groups etc.
- Working with integrated marketing team to ensure campaigns are created, executed and measured against pre-defined goals and in alignment with business/sales goals.
- Creating and maintain quarterly metric reports and bi-annual strategy documents.
- Budget management for marketing of business lines.
- The role requires experienced application of the following tactics and channels: online advertising; website management; direct marketing; industry events/tradeshows; content development; marketing collateral; education material, and social media.
Key Skills and Experience
- Considerable marketing experience with exposure to the finance industry is
- An understanding of derivative markets and/or post-trade services/risk management is preferable.
- Comfortable in a global, matrixed organisation and working in cross functional teams.
- Experience in analysing and presenting marketing performance data to improve marketing performance and approach
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Extensive practice in implementing digital marketing programs leveraging the latest technologies, media and marketing automation tools to develop effective communication with targeted clients
- Strong ability to partner and maintain positive working relationships across internal teams and external customers/agencies/vendors.
- Proactively offers solutions, promotes and sell ideas persuasively, projects a positive professional image.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Pardot, Salesforce and Google Analytics.