about 1 year ago
Do you have?
• Master’s degree in CS or equivalent
• Object oriented programming experience
• Basic understanding of mobile world is required
• Basic knowledge of Swift or Java is required
• Understanding of Kotlin is a plus If you can say yes to these qualifications, want to do something really great, it’s time to apply! What We Can Offer You
• Informal, inclusive and very flexible workplace
• Compensation package commensurate with experience
• Flat Structure – every opinion matters regardless of team and position
• Great offices in Copenhagen, Palo Alto and Berlin
We are seeking a skilled software developer to work on mobile apps (both Android and iOS), along with supporting backend and infrastructure for a market leading electronic publishing and discovery platform . We are looking for a person who can work in all areas of the business and help improve overall architecture as well as building high quality, maintainable systems which help and improve reading experience for users.
If you are driven by curiosity and an eagerness to learn, then you’re the one we’re looking for!
Languages and Architecture
- We mainly use Swift, and Java for mobile apps, and we are moving towards Kotlin for both frontend and backend code.
- Our app architectures are based on VIPER using rx & our backend architecture is event-based & microservice-oriented.
- We deploy on AWS and use Docker Swarm, MySQL, and Firebase for A/B testing.
- In addition, we use an agile development methodology based on Scrum, and continuous integration/deployment.
- You will join our mobile platform team to help define, implement and deploy features such as a new mobile reading experience & offline content.
- We expect you to be proficient in at least one programming language, and be easily able to acquire new skills and knowledge.