This is an AVP level role and will report into the Head of Operational and ERM.
The successful candidate should possess a strong level of experience in an Operational Risk function within the Financial Services domain. They should possess and be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding around the latest regulatory standards for operational and enterprise risk as they will be responsible for promoting and ensuring that our approach is consistent with Group Risk. They will work with the different business areas to facilitate delivery of Operational and ERM Frameworks and will work closely with Internal Audit functions to ensure that any risks are identified, assessed, reported and managed appropriately.
- Work with second line of defence colleagues to facilitate delivery of the institution's Enterprise Risk Managemnet and Operational Risk frameworks.
- Work closely and cooperatively with both the first and third line (Internal Audit Department), to ensure that business, enterprise, operational and financial risks are identified, assessed, reported and managed appropriately. Follow up on mitigating actions to ensure they are being undertaken as necessary.
- Help to develop and maintain reporting of Key Risk Indicators and Key Control Indicators in line with the institution's risk appetite statements.
- Help to develop and maintain the company's operational risk incident management process.
- Develop and implement Risk and Control Self-Assessment process to identify and assess key risks and level of internal controls.
- Support the companynnual stress testing and risk capital exercise; including the scenario generation and evaluation exercise, facilitating workshops where necessary.
- Assist in producing risk reports for the institution's management and the various Risk, Audit and Governance Committees as required.
- Provide support and training on risk obligations as necessary.
- Work with the institution's sister Group's colleagues to ensure the consistency of the risk programme with Group policies and procedures.
- Promote and embed best practice of operational risk within the organisation
- Remain abreast of best practice thinking within operational risk from a market and regulatory standpoint.
- Strong level of experience of working in an Operational Risk function within a Financial Services company.
- Understanding and experience of complex systems.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of working within an Exchange or Clearing House.
- Understanding of the latest regulatory standards for operational and enterprise risk.
- They will need to be a strong and confident communicator both verbal (senior level stakeholders, committees and Senior Management) and written (assist in the production of Risk reports).
If you think your experience and expertise would be well suited to this opportunity, then please apply, and we will be in touch very soon to discuss your candidacy.