Principal Engineer – FinTech – Large Scale Distributed Systems – £100k
A well-known FinTech are building out their core payments platform which is responsible for processing billions of pounds worth of transactions, creating an opportunity to design and develop a greenfield system with the latest technologies.
The organisation has a great engineering culture and as champion best practices within domain and event driven design to create these highly scalable, cloud hosted solutions.
Principal Engineer Responsibilities;
- Be a technical leader while remaining hands-on with development – predominantly with Java and Kafka on AWS
- Drive software engineering best practices, and architectural decision as well as championing things like DDD/EDD within a microservices, cloud-based environment
- Act as a DevOps evangelist with tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Terraform
Principal Engineer Requirements;
- Experience as a hands-on engineer, ideally working with JVM technologies (Java, Scala, Kotlin are all great)
- Strong knowledge of microservices architecture
- Ability to lead a small engineering team and drive a culture of best practices
- Cloud experience and a DevOps mindset
The organisation have a flexible comp package where you are able to choose which benefits your salary is focused on and how much goes towards what – on top of a great base salary around 6 figures.
If you’re an engineering leader looking to have a large impact as a Principal Engineer in a forward thinking technology first environment – please do not hesitate to apply!