Principal Software Engineer, Site Reliability | Disruptive Lifestyle E-Commerce Startup | Competitive Package Incl. Equity | Unicorn Status | Pre-IPO
Our client is the disruptive Lifestyle E-Commerce startup that has raised over $300 million to date by providing direct to consumer products built on ethical values.
They are looking for a Principal Engineer of Site Reliability, to deliver best-in-class practices across all aspects of their technology. You will get to drive the system architecture, make fundamental technology environment decisions and be responsible for the reliability and stability of their sites.
A huge opportunity to get involved with a disruptive, fast-growing and stable business that has already achieved Unicorn status!
The position is Full-Time. Location: New York
- Build the roadmap for all engineering teams to use highly scalable, observable, and reliable infrastructure services.
- Drive the execution and delivery of this roadmap across the engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach other engineers to help solve technical challenges and grow overall technical abilities.
- Propose and drive large improvements to production systems to achieve significant impact on the business and engineering teams.
- Make iterative improvements to incident management processes, incident post-mortems, reliability initiatives, and system recovery planning across the organization.
- Set practices for KPI measurement and monitor for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- 8+ years of experience in professional programming experience in an enterprise environment.
- Expert experience with cloud providers, AWS is a must.
- Deep knowledge of reliability testing at scale.
- Experience with multiple languages, web frameworks, and datastores.
- Strong communication and soft skills.
Architecture, SDLC, SRE, Site, Reliability, Python, JS, OpenCV, React, Reactive Cocoa, Tornado, AWS, REST, JSON-RPC, SOAP/WSDL
Up to $190k base + RSU’s