New York , United States
5 months ago
Principal UX Researcher
New York, New York
As a part of the User Experience Research (UXR) & Insights team within Enterprise Digital & Analytics, you’ll be responsible for uncovering and translating user needs that drive customer-centered design solutions.
That right candidate will have a deep knowledge of user research, Design Thinking, and a proven track record of successfully consulting and partnering with Product Owners, Designers, and wider stakeholders.
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users – establishing user needs and goals.
- Consult with Product Owners and Designers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations - and craft research plans that align with the product road map.
- End-to-end responsibility for leading a portfolio of research projects. From identifying the appropriate methods to get the data; to establishing timelines and dependencies; to conducting the research itself, and delivering the results in a compelling way.
- Leading both generative and evaluative research - from rapid iterative usability testing, to a combination of more in-depth methods, to drive product development and improvement.
- Working in a hybrid model, where research may be undertaken directly by the UXR team, in partnership with a vendor, or delivered by a 3rd party, but lead by you.
- Synthesize learning across projects, integrate with other functions (e.g. Analytics) and lead socialisation of findings.
- Drive (and contribute to) the continuous improvement of the UXR practice and research techniques, as we build the maturity of our function, mentoring both peers and junior colleagues
- Work across multiple markets to identify global solutions, across all stages of the customer life cycle.
- May involve line management or contractor management responsibility.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science, or similar; or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of UX Research / Digital Interaction experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences is highly desired
- Proven experience in identifying research needs, matching those needs to research methods, and aligning approach with overall business strategy