A market leader in providing innovative software and consultancy services to clients around the globe, including large financial institutions, niche financial specialists, central banks, and multinational corporations.
They’re visionary innovators who are delivering mission-critical trading and workflow automation software to financial institutions, corporations, central banks, and governments. By combining our passion for automation with a strategic view on the industries we serve, we design solutions that improve decision-making, simplify complex processes, and empower people.
As part of its acceleration, they have a new role for a Principal Designer to join the corporate development function and contribute to the next phases of company growth.
The key objective for the position is to give a vision and establish a core operating model for UX & design across the organisations within the group, locking design into other key areas of the operational models such as product strategy, marketing, delivery and innovation. You will be building the optimal design system for financial and capital markets for now and into the future.
The role will take on a mixture of responsibilities to help the company continually deliver best-in-class products to its engaged communities.
- Give a vision for design company-wide and within individual business lines across a range of successful capital markets B2B and B2B2B offerings
- Interoperate with product managers and sales teams to tune and refine propositions cross-product focusing on powerful customer solutions for increased marketability and commercial uplift
- Establish a scaleable design operating model for re-use within the key business lines focused on continuously achieving the vision
- Leverage existing insights to build the optimal design system for financial and capital markets for now and into the future
- Empower the lines of business to continuously improve, finesse and innovate around their product areas so that they stay best in class
- Empower line-of-business design teams with capabilities and support to execute on the needs of product and client leadership
- Predict, plan and anticipate future opportunities for design in the sector i.e. AI/ML, RPA, voice interactivity
- In the case of gaps, drive design projects within selected product verticals to continuously improve offerings, mentoring them with direct, high-value inputs
- Up-skill lines of business with design capabilities
- Help to codify the design strategy of the company for re-use.
- Experienced senior designer with a range of exposure across financial and capital markets and with agency, client-side and brand experience - 10+ years industrial UX experience whether client-side in banks, buy-side, fintech or financially-oriented agency work
- Strong visual and brand realisation capabilities successfully translating master brands into strongly industrial digital properties
- UCD (user-centred design) capability into persona modelling task-flow analysis, journey mapping, user stories, job stories, interaction and industrial UX design
- Desire to industrialise UCD within a large diverse suite of product businesses to deliver best-in-class user experiences for ongoing brand and community engagement
- Soft skills in large organisations – being co-operative, reciprocal, easy to work with, able to work at scale
- Graphics and prototyping packages – Adobe CS, Sketch, XD, Invision, Framer