7 months ago
Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a strong development background to join a globally distributed team to advise, experiment and implement emerging technology solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work with teams across all areas of the business (Retail, Asset Finance, Capital, Asset Management, Commodities and Global Markets) and the investments it makes – from airports to utilities and critical infrastructure. You will work with deep industry experts to advise the Group on how technology will impact potential investments and be responsible for the potential implementation and prototypes of these ideas. You will be supported in this task by a global team of technology and finance industry specialists.
This role will include exposure to modern development languages and frameworks, CI/CD pipelines to public and private cloud, microservices, and distributed programming.
- Take ideas and build software solutions to rapidly test key assumptions
- Apply technical insight to practical business environments and opportunities; advising groups on the insights, opportunities, and disruption relevant to them
- Contribute to Business Group strategy by analysing industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on Macquarie’s technology environment
- Share and contribute knowledge to foster communities in Emerging Technology themes
- 10+ years of software development and solution design experience
- Advanced experience in Cloud native solutions (AWS), Containerisation, API’s and emerging software defined architectures
- Delivered small to largescale enterprise applications using Agile software development methodologies
- An understanding of how to design for highly availability, resilience and responsiveness
- A continuous lifelong learner who is proactive about staying on top of recent trends in software development and solution designs
In addition to your technology expertise, you will also have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability and credibility to influence senior management across the business
- A ready ability to deliver outcomes
- The empathy to work across cultures, maintain effective working relationships and foster an inclusive working environment
- High levels of self-motivation and a learning mindset
- Strong judgement, the tenacity to drive change, and the ability to manage multiple priorities