over 1 year ago
Our Client is looking for a Software Tester to work on their market leading portfolio modelling and management tools, compliance and trading functions for asset managers; thinkFolio.
This position will be focussed on executing manual tests and working to improve the automation of these tests over time.
What do you need?
- Experience working in Buy-side Front Office systems.
- Experience of working as a software tester in a Front Office Systems environment in a buyside firm or buyside software company
- Direct Experience of thinkFolio is not a requirement, but would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of investment management across all asset types and geographies
- Execute manual software tests following outline instructions. Interpret results and decide whether software is working correctly.
- Accurately report software defects using the thinkFolio issue management system, and as necessary explain problems to developers. Work closely with developers to bring problems to resolution.
- Enhance test scripts as software evolves to accurately reflect current software capability
- Enhance test scripts to expand coverage of the documented test process
- Identify areas that can effectively be automated and collaborate with developers and other testers to deliver automation.
- Adept at building and maintaining trusted and credible relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail, with ability to clearly communicate the nature of a software defect
- Ability to understand the impact of a software defect and make appropriate decisions about the priority of the defect
- A genuine enjoyment of testing software
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Organized, able to multi-task, and have positive attitude to achieve deadlines
- Strong problem solving, written and communication skills.