My Client is one of the UK's leading fintech companies, is undergoing a period of rapid expansion and is looking to hire Regional Sales Directors. Their mission is to cure one of the banking industry's primary problems: its reliance on outdated IT infrastructure. Nearly every bank is stuck on a legacy IT platform.
The Client is looking for highly talented individuals to help grow the company and achieve our ambitious goal. They pride themselves on having an excellent internal culture, where they strive hard to create the best possible working environment; a healthy mix of great technical work, fast pace, supportive atmosphere, and of course they irreverent sense of fun.
While a lot will be asked of you, you will benefit greatly from working in a world class team, with colleagues who excel.
These newly created roles report directly into the Sales Director. Each will be responsible for a Region and will own the full sales cycle for your allocated Region; from building and forecasting the pipeline, qualifying leads generated by yourself, the Marketing team and our Partner organisations, through to managing large scale contracts to close. Whilst technically and commercially literate, you will have the full support of the sales engineering and marketing teams to drive new business. This role will suit a candidate who relishes the opportunity to build a regional footprint from scratch, is able to work autonomously and is able to collaborate strongly across teams in the business.
- Develop and deliver proposals that address customer and prospect priorities and critical needs
- Build and develop relationships at multiple levels – executive sponsors, influencers and decision makers across the Region to stimulate interest and feed into the pipeline
- Exceed annual Regional targets for software licensing and professional services contracts
- Partnering with sales engineers, the delivery and marketing teams to build targeted sales campaigns
- Managing your time between progressing the “good fit” leads that have a high chance / near term win and stimulating opportunities that will progress in the longer term
- Understanding the needs and issues facing potential and existing customers and interacting with our in-house product and engineering teams.
- Building and delivering on the Regional sales plan.
- Minimum 8+ years of exceeding enterprise software sales targets - during this time you will have built a reputation as an adviser and partner with your clients, building solutions that lead to real value creation and business transformations
- You are able to quickly understand prospective client’s needs, are able to converse competently regarding both the technical and commercial aspects of the proposition, which enables you to co-create solutions with them.
- You are confident in challenging the status quo and you engage customers in new ways of thinking
- You are able to manage and influence key decision makers, particularly at C-suite level in organisations through your ability to build credible, trusted and lasting relationships
- You have experience in fast moving start-ups and or enterprise software sales in more established businesses
- You have a good understanding of the issues facing retail banks regarding their legacy platforms; ranging from technological, regulatory and commercial pressures
- Demonstrate excellent judgement - determining the long and short term risks to the business and the known and potential benefits to potential new business and extensions. Able to demonstrate having built sustainable contracts and put in place appropriate mitigation where required
- Brings energy, gravitas and enthusiasm to the conversation
- You have knowledge and experience with cloud infrastructure technology
- You have experience in consultative sales roles within the retail banking sector
- Degree or equivalent educational background