Scala Developer - Scala/ DevOps/ Jenkins/ Docker/ K8/ AWS
Central London Scala contract opportunity to work for a global FinTech working on greenfield projects within an award-winning Agile team and Risk platform.
- Design and implement API and Scala functions.
- Ensure highly interactive response times. Avoid allowing performance bottlenecks to creep into the system.
- Interpret and analyse business use-cases and feature requests into technical designs and development tasks.
- Be an active player in system architecture and design discussions.
- Take ownership of development tasks, participate in regular design and code review meetings.
- Build out CI/CD pipelines
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, functional programming, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management.
- Be proud of the high quality of your own work.
- Always follow quality standards (unit tests, integration tests and documented code).
- Be delivery focused, have a passion for technology and will enjoy offering new ideas and approaches
Tech stack: Scala, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, REST API, AWS, Linux, Git, Ansible